Thursday, August 03, 2006

Observations on Root Canal Anatomy.

I know one thing for a fact..............when I section teeth (lower molars), impress teeth or put them through Charlie to yield a 3D image, many lower molar teeth have pulp floor to apex inter-canal anatomy. Yet when I see dentists post their post-op x-rays, I rarely see fills that look like the root canal anatomy I observe in my lab.

I know darn good and well, dentists are poking files in fissures and coming up with all kinds of bizzare looking fills most of the time. There's no doubt in my mind.

I know this is happening in the case of the "4th" canal as well.

C'mon guys, go ahead and admit it, you know I'm right.

Middle Mesial and 4th canal anatomy should be placed in the proper perspective.

Dentists should alter their technique and open the fissure anatomy up so it can obturated; that way we can hold our heads up high and be proud. Otherwise, we will have to be characterized as somewhat less than anal-retentive and obsessive-compulsive in our anatomy shaping and debridement technique and hang our heads in shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home